Australian Staffing Agency is committed to protecting personal information collected from you throughout the recruitment and selection process. Personal information includes things like the information you include on your Resume or job application. For a more detailed list of what personal information is please refer to the next section in this policy.
If you are placed into a job by us, any further personal information collected or generated as a result of our relationship is also protected from access by unauthorised individuals. Where you are a person seeking a placement, we will only ask for and record personal information that will help us to
place you in the jobs best suited to you, and we will not pass on any personal information without your consent. We require personal information passed to us by clients or referees to be treated in the same way. By providing your
details to us, you are agreeing that we may contact you, either by phone, email or SMS, to make you aware of new job opportunities.
We may also ask for and record personal information from other individuals with whom we interact, for example, personnel employed or engaged by our clients to deal with us. We strive to protect data transmitted to us over the internet but because such transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be
100% secure, we do not warrant the security of personal information transmitted in this way, but we will make every effort to make it secure on our own systems.
Information collected by us will not be rented, sold or licensed to anyone else. It may be necessary for us to hold records for an extended period of time. However, when the information is no longer of use to us, we may destroy or de-identify it in a manner that protects your privacy. Likewise, you have the option of requesting that your details be deleted from our databases at any time. Personal information held by us is available for your review in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act. All requests for review or deletion of your personal information should be submitted to job@austaff.
com.au. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Collection of Personal and Sensitive Information
Your personal information may be collected when you deal with us by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail, social media, or when you submit your details via our website or a job board. If you are a person engaged by a client to interact with us or other member of the public we may collect personal information by these methods for the purposes for which you provide it. Where you are seeking a placement, we only want you to give us personal information that is relevant to the job you are applying for, or that you want us to use in finding you a future job. If you provide such information we understand you want us to use it for this purpose. The kinds of personal information we would collect might include:
- Contact details
- Your employment preferences
- Employment history
- Education, qualifications, certifications
- Professional memberships
- Awards and recognition
- Referee details
- Relevant volunteer work
- Other information that will help us to match you to suitable job
- If we place you into a job, your banking, tax and superannuation details
Personal and sensitive information may also be collected when:
- We receive the results of any competency, psychometric or medical assessment;
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make with your permission of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- We receive feedback on your performance;
- We receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- You provide us with any additional information about yourself; and
- When as a representative of a client you provide us with personal information to assist us in the provision or delivery of services to you (such as name, address, email details, employment position).
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible placement in a job;
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- Our (or our client’s) identification of your training needs;
- Any workplace rehabilitation;
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information;
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- The provision of services to you (as a representative of a client) including any marketing or other distribution lists that you sign up for.
Who your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- Your potential and actual employers;
- A Workers Compensation body in the event that you are involved in a workplace accident or injury that results in a claim;
- Our associated companies and subsidiaries; Our insurers for Workers Compensation in the event that you are involved in a workplace accident or injury that results in a claim;
- Medical professionals, medical facilities or health authorities if a medical assessment is required as part of placing you into a job or in the event you are involved in a workplace accident or injury that requires medical attention;
- Companies we partner with to provide probity / assessment services if this is required as part of placing you into a job, for example:
- The validation of your right to work in Australia;
- Credentials and qualifications;
- Psychometric assessments;
- Skills testing;
- Criminal background checking; or
- Health, wellness, or drug screening.
- Third parties involved in providing, managing or administering Australian Staffing Agency’s
- Financial institutions, superannuation and managed funds organisations, and their advisers if we place you into a job;
- Other organisations involved in our normal business practices, including our agents and contractors;
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information; and
- Prospective candidates, when authorised or permitted to do so.
How we hold your personal information:
Your information may be stored in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
While we take these steps to maintain the security of your information, you should be aware of the many information security risks that exist today and take appropriate care to help safeguard your information
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- We may be limited in our ability to match you to suitable work opportunities; and
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work.
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong.
The Privacy Act sets out your rights to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold. If you wish to exercise this right, please email email@example.com and we will respond to your request within 30 days.
How to contact our Privacy Officer: